Jump to: Local Resources ~ Health Providers ~ Statewide ~ National Links ~ LGBT+ Local Meetups ~ Educational Links ~ Services Links ~ Medical Links ~ Legal Links ~ Informational Links
DOWNLOAD AND PRINT OUR QUICK INCLUSIVE RESOURCE GUIDE HERE
^ update coming summer 2021
SPLASH Youth Groups – in Fort Collins, Greeley, Windsor, Loveland.
Our youth groups, with meetings for youth of different ages and needs. Currently in person and remote!
Connect with SPLASH on Social Media:
Good Reads – LGBTQIA book lists
Donate to SPLASH
Safer Schools Campaign – details will go here
“Adult Swim“ – for parents/caregivers of trans, non-binary, and other LGBTQIA+ kids in Northern Colorado. These parents meet upstairs during SPLASH Fort Collins.
Open and Affirming Religious Spaces throughout Northern Colorado and Southern Wyoming, listed in a spreadsheet.
One-Colorado is the state’s leading advocacy organization dedicated to advancing equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) Coloradans and their families through lobbying.
Fort Collins Gender Inclusive Restroom Initiative is an initiative designed to help businesses convert their bathroom signs to be gender inclusive.
Fort Collins GSA is a general GSA for the city, that extends beyond any institution.
UNC Gender & Sexuality Resource Center & their Facebook.
AIMS Community College Prism is the GSA at AIMS.
NoCoSafeSpace Training and Professional Development does community events and inclusivity training for businesses.
NCAP – Northern Colorado AIDS Project – Now under Colorado Health Network
Responsible Sex Education Institute is sex education resource that empowers individuals of all ages, backgrounds, and communities with inclusive, up-to-date, and culturally relevant information and skills to foster healthy relationships, safer sex, and linkages to care. Educational branch of the local Planned Parenthood, and the home of In Case You’re Curious.
Sexual Assault Victim Advocates provides crisis intervention, advocacy and counseling for all those affected by sexual violence in Northern Colorado while also providing prevention programs through community outreach and education.
Imagine Zero Suicide Coalition works to create a safety net for people in Colorado.
Deep Light Counseling– Loveland and surrounding
LifeStance Health – Greeley, Loveland, Fort Collins
Kaitlin Jones Therapy – Fort Collins
Entwine Therapy – Fort Collins
Peace of Mind Counseling – Greeley
Stress Management Family Counseling Center – Fort Collins
Aidan London – Fort Collins
Beyond the Mirror Counseling – Fort Collins
CSU Center for Family and Couples Counseling – Fort Collins
* = organization for youth
- *SPLASH Youth of Northern Colorado (Fort Collins, Greeley, Windsor, Loveland, and Estes Park)
- *OASOS Boulder (youth org)
- OUT Boulder (Boulder and Longmont)
- *Rainbow Alley (Denver youth org, part of The Center on Colfax)
- The Center on Colfax (Denver)
- *Inside/Out Youth Services (Colorado Springs youth org)
- Wyoming Equality (serving all of Wyoming)
- CO Healthcare Resources PDF (not updated since 2013)
- TYES Colorado (Trans Youth Education & Support)
NATIONAL for youth:
- Trevor Project: LGBTQ+ Suicide Text/Chat/Hotline
- GLSEN: Gay/Lesbian/LGBTQ+ Student Education Network
- GLAAD: Creating cultural change for LGBTQ+ youth
- Trans Youth Equality Foundation: education, advocacy and support for transgender and gender non-conforming children and youth and their families.
- PFLAG: Parents, Family and Friends of LGBTQ+ folks
- Youth.Gov LGBTQ Youth: a search of various LGBTQ Youth articles
- Campus Pride: LGBTQ+ College Inclusivity
- GSA Network: find or start your schools GSA
- It Gets Better: LGBTQ+ story sharing to make a difference
- Erase The Hate: educational organization against discrimination of all kinds
- Matthew Shepard Foundation: anti-hate crime organization
- InterACT: resources for Intersex youth
- Q Card Project: Advocating for individual LGBTQ+ Healthcare
- StopBullying.gov: organization working on stopping bullying at the source
- HealthyChildren LGBTQ+: entry level page for parents of LGBT youth
- Human Right Campaign (HRC): organization mobilizing in pursuit of equal rights
- CDC LGBT Youth Health
LOCAL for all LGBT:
PFLAG Fort Collins
Families and allies of LGBT+ people. Meetings every 2nd Monday 7pm at Plymouth Congregational Church, FtC
Families and allies of LGBT+ people. Meetings every 3rd Saturday 10am at First Congregational Church UCC, Greeley
Northern Colorado Equality
Serving Fort Collins
Back Country Betty’s
Monthly Newsletter and Meetups for Lesbians of all sorts
For the 50+ LGBT crowd, meets through the Senior Center.
Eclectic – Trans Support
All Trans*, Intersex, Enby, Gender Re-defining; allies welcome (ages 16+)
1st Thursday and 3rd Tuesday, North Dazbog 401 Mason Ct (virtual for Covid-19)
email: firstname.lastname@example.org for info
Dancing and Dining for Lesbians in NoCo and Southern Wyoming
Several meetings and times that cater to LGBTQIA+ folks.
Hiking with Pride Meetup
Hikes through Colorado, including many Fort Collins trails
Gay & Sober
Four meetings per week in Fort Collins, with more in the surrounding areas.
- Campus Pride Organization for LGBT student leaders and campus groups
- Day of Silence Brining attention to the silencing of LGBTQ youth
- GLSEN Resources and services for LGBTQ equality in education
- GSA Network LGBTQ student information and advocacy
- NSSR National Safe Schools Roundtable Organization network for making schools safe for LGBTQ youth
- Point Foundation LGBTQ scholarship and mentorship program
- Welcoming Schools Professional development tools for school faculty and administration on LGBTQ youth
- COLAGE Network for people with LGBTQ parents
- Gender Diversity Provides family & youth support groups, education, training, and annual conferences for youth, families, adults, and professional providers.
- Gender Spectrum Provides education, training and support to help create a gender sensitive and inclusive environment for all children and teens.
- Family Acceptance Project Research, intervention, education, and policy initiative that works to decrease health and related risks for LGBT youth
- FIERCE Building the leadership and power of LGBTQ youth of color
- Gender Justice League Advocates for trans justice in LGBTQ organizations
- IFGE The International Foundation for Gender Education Trans information
- Live Out Loud Connecting youth with LGBTQ professionals
- NCTE Organization for the advancement of transgender equality
- TransActive Intersectional organization serving the needs of trans youth, families, and allies
- TransFamily Support Services Connects transgender youth and their families to a support system
- Trans Lifeline Hotline staffed by transgender people for transgender people
- TYEF Provides resources, trainings, workshops, camps, and youth/parent groups for trans individuals
- TYFA Provides resources, workshops, and trainings on trans youth
- The Trevor Project Suicide prevention with a focus on LGBTQ youth
- GLMA Medical resources and providers for LGBTQ people
- Howard Brown Health Center Trans medical services and resources (Chicago, IL)
- Minnesota Transgender Health Coalition Trans medical resources
- WPATH The leading medical authority on trans healthcare
- ACLU American Civil Liberties Union Legal and informational services
- CSSC California Safe Schools Coalition Safe school resources including law and policy
- GLAD Gay & Lesbian Advocates & Defenders Legal resources and services for LGBTQ people
- Lambda Legal Legal services for LGBTQ individuals
- NCLR National Center for Lesbian Rights Legal services for LGBTQ individuals
- SRLP Sylvia Rivera Law Project Legal services for people discriminated against on the basis of gender identity or expression
- TLPI Transgender Law and Policy Institute Resources for transgender law including court cases and educational policies
- TLC Transgender Law Center Trans legal services and information
- The Advocate LGBTQ news
- Athlete Ally Information on LGBTQ participation in sports
- The Badge Society LGBTQ youth news and forum
- GLAAD LGBTQ media network and information
- It Gets Better Project Anti-suicide resource
- Mermaids Family and individual support for teenagers and children with gender identity issues Resources for trans youth
- PFLAG Support group network for parents, famlies, and friends of LGBTQ individuals
- Refuge Finds gender-neutral and trans-safe restrooms
- Transgender Housing Network Trans Housing Opportunities and Offers
- The Youth and Gender Media Project Films social change for and about gender nonconforming youth